Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Life As It Is: The Truth Behind The Smile

It's been a long time since I have written anything. I feel like I am only now starting to surface. For months I have been going non-stop. We had a chance to take a family vacation 2 weeks ago...even then I had to work throughout the vacation. I have been smiling (or at least trying) through the last 6 months, but it's been really hard & very tiring at times.

I have decided to start blogging again, though, because I hope it will be an encouragement to working moms out there, who may be struggling with the same things I struggle with. Rather than just posting about homeschooling, random outings or fun family times (which I will still put up when I can), I want to post about how God helps me live each day to the fullest (not just survive!!). 

God is so good. My life is proof of that. 

Here is a shot of my calendar from this last week:




The open spot on Wednesday afternoon...was supposed to be a chiropractor's appointment (smithchiroandrehab.com), but Kris needed it more than me, so I had some "free time" (if that's what you really call it when the 'To-Do' List is longer than humanly possible for a lifetime!). Otherwise, this is pretty much what my schedule looks like ALL the time. 

My free time: 4:00am until 7:15am... How I LOVE this time. The house is quiet, and I get a chance to journal, read my bible, and pray. I also get to work out, shower (by myself!), and prepare for the day. If I am diligent in getting up and using this time wisely (AKA: MAKING SURE I MEET WITH GOD & HAVE MY QUIET TIMES, NO MATTER WHAT ELSE I HAVE GOING ON, AND NO MATTER HOW MANY THINGS ARE ON MY TO-DO LIST), the whole rest of the day runs much more smoothly. I have found so MANY times that when I think I don't have time to meet with God (read his word and spend time praying) that that's when I need it the most. Funny, too, is when I put Him first, he always provides the time I need to "get stuff done". 

Weirdly, and it doesn't make sense at all, but taking an hour in the morning, provides so much more time the rest of the day.

2 comments: