Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Life As It Is: 1 Day at a Time!

I know I posted this morning...and 2 posts in 1 day is unheard of for me (Really 2 posts in 1 year is rare! Ha ha ha)...Anyway, here I am, in the apple store at 9 at night waiting for my hubbie to download his photos from his old iPad (which went kaput) to his computer. He is asking lots of questions which I am sure will help us tremendously in the future, but Iam falling asleep! Since my bed is no where near the iPhone or iPad display, I guess I'll write my next rambling in "Life As It Is"!

This morning at work my last patient did not need treatment so I got to leave early and make it to music time at my little guys' co-op (http://christianfamilycoop.info). Watching them dance around and seeing their smiles, as they realized I was there, was priceless. But as I left work I couldn't help but think, "It's great that I am getting to leave early, but how will I pay bills?" God is good...He has always provided, and I wish I could trust him 100% of the time and not worry, but I'm not that good, yet (hopefully, when I reach heaven I'll be there! ;). 

Living in the day is so hard for me. As a mom, business owner, boss, doctor, wife, home school teacher, house organizer, cook, house cleaner, grocery shopper, and adopting parent, I am ALWAYS planning ahead. It's the only way I can accomplish what I need to get done. It can be hard, though, to enjoy the day...live in the moment...be present for my kids and hubbie...find relaxation for me. This is what God is teaching me right now: "LIVE FOR ME TODAY!" Matthew 6:31 says "Don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Today has enough troubles of its own." This has become my theme verse! Each day I have to focus on what I can do, what I have to do, and what I DON'T have to do! Seriously, giving up things that don't HAVE to be done (like making sure the kitchen cabinets are cleaned every other month like I originally planned out-HA HA HA...yeah, right!) is so hard for me because they "are already on my 'to-do' list". Knowing that God won't give me more than I can handle is one thing, believing it is another.

I pray, daily, that I can die to myself, and live 100% for God; treating others as Christ would, and giving of myself to fully serve my hubbie, children, patients, staff, and others I interact with. When I take this perspective it makes my overwhelming 'To-Do' list a little more manageable. It's exciting to see how much God can accomplish through me when I submit to His will and follow his leading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment