Friday, April 22, 2011

Baby Vick's, Vick's, and Vaseline...

After a long day at work, I came home to a quiet house and thought, "Yes, a few minutes to myself. Both of my men are asleep!". I started making myself a bite to eat, and then heard a noise from upstairs. So I crept upstairs and opened TK's door, excited to give him a hug and see him for the first time that day. It smelled WONDERFUL in his room, like a soft baby powder smell. He stood there smiling at me. I noticed his hands seemed wet. I asked him what was on his hands..."Baby Vick's" he said, proudly. Thoughts of the large tub of Vaseline that we had stored in his closet and the two containers of Vick's vapor rub came flooding into my mind...

Sure enough, he had pushed the Vick's containers (BOTH of them) into the tub of Vaseline! The excess vaseline (with that wonderful baby powder scent!) was everywhere. As I looked around, I saw a glare from the wall, the floor, the blankets, his bed sheets, and his clothes. I've never been so glad that we had wood floors versus carpet! I wished I had taken a picture of the Vaseline jar! I'm new at this blogging thing, but I promise more pictures in the future!

After holding back a smile, and trying to act upset, I got it all cleaned up and made it clear how Vaseline doesn't really clean up.

I hope I never have to repaint that wall! ;) I think we'll be finding Vaseline spots for years to come...So much for my few quiet moments!

No comments:

Post a Comment