Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Balancing Life

When I was in school, I thought owning my own office would be the solution to all my desires for practicing to the highest quality and treating patients with the utmost respect...and it has been; but, what I didn't realize...was how much time it would take.

Now that I have a 3 year old and another one on the way, I have questioned whether it was the right decision or not. Through many events that have happened over the past 6 months, I have come to realize that this is where God has me in this stage of my life, and He WILL help me balance it all.

I struggle with 'time'...always feeling like there isn't enough of it. I also struggle with saying "No" to things/people...this is a bad combination...but I am learning. Learning how to balance, and learning how to live in the present so that I can enjoy life as it comes, and not be worried about the future.

I hope this blog will help others who may be in a similar situation as me. Being a wife and mom is one the greatest things that can happen to anyone...and one of the scariest. Adding in a full time office and professional career can wipe anyone out. This is when I realize it's not my strength I lean on daily, but His! Christ has saved me from eternal death, and saves me daily from the despair that a perfectionist wife, mom, doctor, office owner, and boss would inevitably feel. I thank God daily for his sovereign plan in my life and look forward to seeing how He will work it ALL out!

No comments:

Post a Comment